Congratulations! You are officially a study abroad alum. You not only survived, but thrived while traveling the world. You’ve returned with a collection of stories and memories you’ll treasure for the rest of your life. Perhaps still reeling from the excitement of all the educational and cultural experiences from the past months, you might be searching for a way to take it all in and make sense of the whirlwind you just experienced.
As you come home and slowly re-adjust to life in the United States, you may find yourself asking questions such as:
- How can I share what I’ve learned on my study abroad experience with my friends and family back home who haven’t experienced all that I have seen and done?
- How have I changed as a person?
- How do I incorporate this experience as a part of my life in the U.S.?
- How will study abroad apply to my career and make me competitive in the job market?
- How can I find a job in the field of international education?
If questions like these have been running through your mind, you are not alone. Because we want you to walk away with as much as you can from this experience, we have put together a number of resources to help you internalize, process, and utilize what you’ve learned to assist you in acclimating your post-study-abroad life to include your new global perspective.